Sunday, November 18, 2012

First Presentation

Thank you for praying for us! It was not easy to speak - should I just stop with that?? It's NEVER easy for me to speak out loud to a group of more than 3 people. Peter's probably not a fan either, but he's got the gift of teaching going on, so that helps a bit, even if you are an introvert. :) Okay, I'll continue. It was not easy to speak to an unfamiliar church this morning and have the bulk of the service to prepare for. God gave me back the use of my voice, now only slightly hoarse and squeaky. Was it a "success"? That's the beauty of it - only the Lord knows how successful it was, and thankfully He measures success on a much different scale than we do. I will say that it went smoothly, we met a lot of great people, and some of them told us they had never heard of Wycliffe or JAARS before. It's a blessing to be a part of something that I can truly get passionate about - namely lives being transformed because the Word of God is made available to them in their own language. What a great thing to be thankful for. I'm also thankful for your concern and prayers for us. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment