Saturday, November 17, 2012

In His Strength

So here I sit, on the eve of our first speaking presentation as Wycliffe missionaries, with a cold that's causing me to quickly lose my voice! Peter and I are speaking tomorrow at a church where we've never been, in a different town, where we know no one. Did I mention we are speaking for most of the morning service?? While we're thankful and excited about this opportunity, I have to admit it's a little daunting... especially with no voice (or really this little scratchy squeaky voice that's almost worse than no voice). We were asked to speak at this church by someone we met at the Missions at the Airport event last month. To me, this is one of those classic God reminders that it's in His strength that we can do anything, not our own. I'm not sure how many of you, our friends, will read this before tomorrow morning, but if you do, we would be grateful if you would pray for us - that we would effectively communicate tomorrow and that we would be constantly aware of the need to abide in Christ's strength, for we are nothing without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment