Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Godspeed

Probably the most common phrase heard in Christian circles is, "I'll be praying for you."  I want to tell you what that meant for us on our trip and throughout our many travels these past three weeks.  Yes - we are back home in Lancaster!  And although it's always hard to say goodbye to family and friends, there's nothing quite like waking up in my own home, clothes in an actual dresser instead of a suitcase, no travel shampoos, and my own comfy bed.  :)
Prayer and encouragement became a huge part of our trip.  A few days before we left, a friend brought me a devotional book for my journey, which has blessed me and will continue to bless me.  God used her to greatly encourage me.  The morning we left, we all woke up sick, but so many people emailed, texted, and called to say they were praying for us specifically.  I mentioned in my last post that we were spared from some close calls on the highway. Isaac and Joel, even though they were dealing with sickness, were calm and content (for the most part!) in the car.  Even though I had no voice for the first few days of our time in Wisconsin, God used that time to teach me. Each time we met with any group of people, Peter and I prayed for the time.  I noticed that it brought us closer and we worked well together as a team.
In one difficult experience during my time at home, I contacted a friend in my small group here in Lancaster and asked her and her husband to pray specifically for me during that time.  God made it so evident that He was working through that circumstance that I'm still marveling at the power of prayer.
If I go on (and I could), this post would be too long!  But I wanted to relate my experiences during the last three weeks to testify to what God can and will do when His people PRAY.  I hope I won't have to "learn" the lesson again.  I hope this encourages you to "pray continually."  And, as always, thank you for praying for us these last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment