Tuesday, April 23, 2013

From Every Language

Every once in awhile, I find it helps me to regain perspective if I am reminded of why I'm passionate about what I'm passionate about.  For me, this happened this past Saturday night when our church hosted a worship concert and invited people from other cultures to join us and share their music.  We heard songs and Scripture in Spanish, French, Chin, Arabic, Nepali... it was amazing to hear people's hearts as they worshiped God in their "heart language."  There's that phrase that I've said countless times since we've joined Wycliffe Bible Translators, only it hit home for me that night.  As I listened to the verses in Revelation that say, "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb...Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever," I let them sink in and resonate, awed again by the written Word that God imparted to us.  Then, I heard the same verses read in several more languages, and I realized that for each language spoken, there were people there who felt the same thing that I did when I heard God's Word spoken in my language.
In the midst of a very intense time of trusting, questioning, planning, and looking ahead, it is easy for me to turn my eyes and thoughts inward and forget why we're doing all this in the first place.  On Saturday night, I was reminded that someday I will see before me "a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb..." (Rev. 7:9).  So I will continue to work out those details, but I pray that I will be constantly aware of God's incredible plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment